November 27, 2007

THANKFUL REFLECTIONS

What a whirlwind of a week. The kids, dogs and I traveled to see grandma and grandpa up in the San Juan Islands for Thanksgiving . The plan was that Scott and my sister would join up with us in a few days. Turns out both kids and Scott got the flu. Scott was all alone for Thanksgiving because he was in no shape to travel. My folks, sister and the kids had a lovely candle lit dinner on the farm only to be interrupted by Makayla getting sick within moments of leaving the table. Both kids where such troopers while deeling with the "Hepazutti" (that's what we call being sick in our family). Luke got hit the hardest. Poor little guy looked at me as if to say ,"Mommy what in the world is happening to me?"I can't believe I didn't catch it. We all missed daddy a whole lot and it was wonderful to get back home. My immediate family is feeling better but I am afraid that we left a wake of sickness behind us. Sorry mom and dad. Another highlight of the trip was a visit we made to see my grandmother. Great-Grandma Patty is in a care facility and is in the late stages of Alzheimer's. We were blessed by her smile many times over and got the sense that she new it was us. I will forever be grateful for her humor and loving spirit. To look in her eyes and sence her love was a tremendous gift. It was a precious yet bitter sweet moment to whisper words of thanksgiving to my grandma. I will never forget the look in her eyes and the grin on her face.







No comments:

Sharing our LifeSong through word and image...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails