September 2, 2009

Soaking in Summer




It's been a while since I've posted anything...I've spent these last few weeks of summer enjoying life and soaking up summers last bursts of sunshine and beauty! There's been lazy days spent at the river, camping, gardening, fun photo shoots and friends visiting from out of town. Now suddenly a chill is in the early morning air and September is here. School is about to begin and new routines will be underway. There are so many decisions to be made and priorities to be evaluated.





I have had a few weeks at home to process all the back and forth travel from Washington to Oregon that has occurred since January. Lets just say this has not been a typical year. It's been a time of crisis in which God in His Sovereignty has brought much growth, humility and strength into my heart and life. He has been my rock, my guide, my counselor and my closest friend. When everything in life is upside down and inside out, He alone was and is my strong foundation. He has taught me about letting go, about trusting him even if and when the worst happens. He has revealed hidden places that scream out for healing, restoration and growth. My need for God, for His love, forgiveness, protection, covering, strength, truth, wisdom, guidance and holiness has been my hearts desire more than ever before.




It's amazing how God has a plan...a plan in things great and small. From a seed bearing fruit to heartache bringing Glory to His name. I praise the Lord for walking with my family through the challenges, uncertainties and pain of this past year. I thank God for the support, friendship and prayers of others. There have been moments in these past months that I had the thoughts of "What's the Point!" What's the Point of Anything? of Life? of Living?of Loving? It's just too hard, too painful, too scary....It's at moments like these that God is so gracious and good...He is amazing and can speak to us in any way He chooses and often when we least expect it....Just look at this reminder He passed my way, right when I needed it.

How Cool is this! It's not every day I find a cross on my kitchen floor!



You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.
Psalm 18:28



God in His Mercy reminds me that I was made to Love Him and to be Loved by Him....It's really as simple as that!


1 comment:

Erin said...

Amen sister! Love the inspiration, and how precious to see that cross on your floor. A beautiful expression of God saying, "I love you so much my precious daughter!"

Sharing our LifeSong through word and image...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails