September 12, 2009

Update on my Dad

It's been a long time since I've given an update on my dad. Many of you have inquired, so I guess it's time I do. I just needed to take a break from it all, but in the mean time I left allot of you wondering what has happened since my last posting in June.


It turns out that my dad was accepted at Cherry Hill Rehab Center. His stay there was intense and much more brief than we had hoped for. Dad was in the rehab facility for about 2 weeks when they where ready to release him. This felt far to soon and my dad bagged for another week and they obliged. So after 3 weeks of rigorous therapy, dad was released to the full time care of my mom on July 20th. It was back to the islands to sleep in his own bed after 7 months being bounced from this, that and the other hospital, rehab, ICU accommodations. The true understanding of "There is no place like HOME" is heartfelt.


Infection is now under control and the surgery site is completely healed. Learning how to get about in the world is a daily battle and learning process. With the help of visiting nurses, physical therapist and a loving wife at his side, he is making gains daily. It is a slow and at times weary process. Healing and maintaining a positive outlook is priority. I am thankful that my mom and dad both have a resilient spirit. When the going gets tough it can be down right horrible, but we push on and strive for Gods best in any and all circumstances.


In the mean time..the barn has been repaired from all the fire damage and the horses will soon be gaining their winter coats as the cool Autumn air quickly approaches. We are hopeful that 2010 will be a much better year. This has been a tough ride!

No comments:

Sharing our LifeSong through word and image...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails