March 25, 2011

Waves of Mercy...

I took this image, while at the Oregon Coast with my family a few weeks ago.  It was a beautiful day, filled with adventure, discovery and pure rest.  The kids climbed and then rolled down a huge sand hill for what seemed like hours. My husband dozed in the warm unexpected afternoon sunshine near my side. I sat watching my family enjoy the day and also watched a man as he rowed about on his paddle board.  At times the waves would move in such a way, it actually looked as if he was walking on water.


He would paddle and paddle and from where I sat on the shore, it looked as if he where standing perfectly still. "Where does he think he's going?" I thought..."He's working so hard for nothing it seams." Boy isn't that how we can so often feel?. Can you relate? Day in and day out, spinning our wheels, paddling our little ores. For what? To where? Why?

As I sat and watch him the Lord spoke to my heart... I heard him say, "Do you see how small man is, do you see how emence I am?  I delight when my children enjoy my all that I have made. I made it just for you.  Be still and know that I am God that I am with you in the storm and also the calm smooth waters. Come to me and let me be your strength to press on each and every day.  You are on a journey toward home, home is with me and I long to be with you. Be still and know that I am God. For now, enjoy, give thanks...for the tide of life will ebb and flow but I remain constant and faithful always.

It has not been till these past few years that I feel as if I am actually cluing into the purpose of life. Do Tell....you say...well it is not for the labor, it is not for the seeking after the wind, it is ALL for God's Glory!

I think the guy out on that paddle board might just have a few major things figured out. As I watched his figure glide across the water, It was if I saw a painting that revealed Gods Mercy and Grace. As people we often try so hard in our own strength and end up going nowhere. We push ourselves to try to know all the answers and figure things out and in our pride we often fall into seeking glory for ourselves. We try to control the world and those around us. We fool ourselves into thinking that we are headed in the right direction and we fail to even ask God if we're on the right course. In Gods divine Love for us it seams that even when we fail and get off coarse , he is merciful to provide the right current to send us right where he needs us to be.

I encourage you to take a moment to ask God if your headed in the direction he intends for you? If you find yourself drifting and unsure, be still and know that He is God, wait upon him to guide your path. Trust in Him, he is Faithful. Once you know that direction God intends for you,  with His help than paddle with all your might to and for the Glory of God.

This images also prompts my spirit to pray for Japan (03/11/2011)...Lord let your Mercy Flow.

1 comment:

Erin said...

What a beautiful thing to share! Thank you Kimberlyn!!!

Sharing our LifeSong through word and image...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails