December 20, 2007

HERE'S TO YOU GRANDMA PATTY!

My Grandma passed away today at 4:40pm. A friend was with her as she slipped away. My mom and I were talking on the phone from 4:20 to 4:44(any one who knows me knows that the #4 has significant meaning in my life), this would have been right in the window of time grandma was taking her last breaths. As I hung up my cell phone and arrived home, my sister was dropping off Makayla after horse riding lessons and we hugged in knowledge that we might be losing grandma soon. My sister headed home and the kids and I inside...as we entered the house the picture that scrolled pass on our computer screen saver was that of Grandma holding her first great granddaughter Makayla as a new born...I was struck at the timing as just then the phone rang and it was my mom to let me know that grandma was gone. She really must have missed grandpa as he has only been gone 45 days. We love you grandma, give grandpa a big hug from all of us and tell him to hug you back. I will forever remember your laughter and love.


FOR YOUR LOVE ANTIQUES AND COLLECTIBLES...
May the treasures you find in heaven be far greater than any treasure you held dear in life. Rest in peace grandma. We will miss your loving smile as we have missed your humor and laughter for some time. May your reunion with loved ones be as sweet as you and I pray faith took you into the very arms of God, the greatest treasure of all.

FOR YOUR LOVE OF MUSIC AND SONG, NOT TO MENTION WHISTLING...
Mares Eat Oats- Mairzy Doats -
Words & Music by Milton Drake, Al Hoffman and Jerry Livingston

If the words sound queer and funny to your ear, a little bit jumbled and jivey

Sing "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy"
Oh! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy diveyA kiddley divey too, wouldn't you-oo?A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL YOUR MANY DOGS...
My dogs live here, they're here to stay
If you don't like pets, be on your way
They share my home, my food, my space
This is their home, this is their place

You will find dog hair on the floor
They will alert you're at the door
They may request a little pat
A simple 'no' will settle that

And if I'm sad? They're by my side
And if I'm mad? they circle wide
And if I laugh, they laugh with me
They understand, they always see

So once again, I say to you
Come visit me, but know this too...

My dogs live here, they're here to stay
You don't like pets, be on your way
They share my home, my food, my space
This is their home, this is their place...

2 comments:

Jennifer Cook said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Amanda Mays said...

Kimberlyn,

I link to you every now and then through Me ra's blog. I caught this post back when you wrote it but didnt have time to comment.

We'll i'm back and I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss.
How Blessed you were to have her and equally she to having such a loving grand duaghter.

I will always remember my own grandma dancing around the kitchen singing that Mare's eat oats song!

Thank you for reminding me to appreciate my grandmothers more while I still have them around.

Many blessing to you and your family! Amanda Mays

Sharing our LifeSong through word and image...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails